The world is progressing pretty fast and accordingly we have to adjust ourself. Do not delay and reschedule yourself to fit and adjust in this ever-changing and ever-demanding world of materialist things. There has been a shift in health concerns around the world. Yoga – Meditation and Spirituality is gaining interest. More and more people are getting back to the basics of human body and its ergonomics. The fear of death and the failure to withstand the mental pressures has made numerous people go back to their roots. For some have quit.
Breathing is a simple silent unconscious process constantly working 24 x 7. Its the breath that you inhale and exhale which keeps you alive. Importance of breath has been discussed in detail in our scriptures too. However, all of these are now rare to the general people around. Human mind if not exercised is constantly learning to follow, get carried away, visualize wrong things and to have blind-folded trust. Among the masses – The self-analytical tendency towards any situation is gradually reducing, the patience is reducing and creating unrest within.
Understand with open heart – you have an identity, you are unique, you are loved by your family and friends, you have your own aura and you are precious. With the changing world you don’t have to get carried away, you don’t have to follow others, you don’t have to be in the CROWD and flow with them.
With the demanding time change for GOOD, adapt for GOOD, reschedule for GOOD and above all eat GOOD. Basically we need to be MIND-FULL.
Strongly Stay connected with your ‘self’! The only reality is YOU YOU and YOU.
I am fascinated with the amazing power of breathing. Until and unless you learn the method, trick and techqniue towards mindful breathing you can’t enjoy the peaceful moments of meditation. Do you know there are different styles of breathing techniques? Sharing with you a very simple and effective method for mindful breathing
After you wake up in the morning and get fresh. This is the first thing that you need to do:
- Take out 5 minutes everyday, its preferred if you can maintain the same time and place
- Sit straight with your legs folded. Keep your chest out and shoulders back. If possible sit in Padmasana [The Padmasana or Lotus Position is a cross-legged sitting asana originating in meditative practices of ancient India, in which the feet are placed on the opposing thighs-source wikipedia]
- Remember to keep your back erect and neck held straight up
- Close your eyes
- Bring both your palms together in Namaskar position and keep it at your solar plexis
- Be mindful and watchful towards your body
- Observe your breath mindfully. Keep a watchful attention on every breath that is inhaled-exhaled. You are required to breathe normal. No short no long
- Mindfully inhale, slowly breathe in. Do not rush or push yourself. Be as gentle as possible. Watch your breath when you inhale this will eliminate the on-going thoughts inside your mind. Focus on your breath
- Mindfully exhale, slowly breathe out. Do not rush or push yourself. Be as gentle as possible. Watch your breath when you exhale this will eliminate the on-going thoughts inside your mind. Focus on your breath
- Do this mindfully for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes gradually open your eyes and be thankful to the cosmic energies
You are now ready to start your day. Yes, you can do this twice a day. The same breathing technique can be done in the night before you go to sleep.
Being watchful towards your own breath is very simple. Its an effective method to relax your body and mind. If practiced daily you would see a positive impact in your life.
I would love to hear you and your experiences.