The biggest challenge for we humans is to have cordial relationship with other humans 😛 – Joke – no way – think for yourself – its a fact. All other challenges are manageable. However, managing every other person apart from the ‘self’ is the most toughest job.
To maintain a cordial relationship we need to communicate – to communicate we need to LISTEN and TALK.
Many-a-times most of us regret – Oh! I should have not said that! But then, its too late.
Yes, I too have made blunders on this challenging aspect. With time and practice am improving myself and its not difficult.
Tongue is an awesome muscle and it loves to create ripples. Controlling it is difficult!!! Hey, wait.. what all should we control. Mind – Heart – EGO and now Tongue —> the deadly combination of these makes communication so very complex.
The way we think and respond has got multiple blindspots:
– we communicate something else – but we meant something else
– we think something and say something else
– we think something and write something else
– we mean something and our content means something else
– we think and communicate and ‘ass’u’me’ you understood, what i meant?
– we complicate communication only by thinking too much about what needs to be communicated
– we stop communicating if we are angry, stressed out, pissed off or frustrated
– we stop communicating and again ‘ass’u’me’ you understood, why I did!
– we screwed up something and to avoid circumstance we stop communicating
phew and the list goes on and on – would love to hear about communication challenges
The complex nature of communication related issues increases as you grow up in life and have more responsibilities to manage. This is a life-long learning process and will end with the last breath of your life 🙂 cheeky is’t it!
This list is exhaustive but every problem has a solution. Listening is the most crucial part of communication; to be clear – listening and understanding the other person before talking needs to be practiced on a regular basis
– Keep practicing and never give up:-
– Listen properly before you talk
– choose the right word to describe your thoughts
– be calm and composed when you communicate
– use simple and easy sentences to convey yourself
– make sure you cross-check on the details conveyed and they understood you properly
– stop ASSUMING —else you would end up making an ‘ASS’ – ‘U’ – ‘ME’
– communicate your thoughts then and there and do not delay it. Thoughts communicated during the on-going program, workshops, discussions, situations… are easier to correlate and understand
– Start practicing meditation and keep your mind calm
– Do not react – be responsive
– Think before you talk
– Learn to accept your mistake and don’t shy way to say Sorry
With a mindful eye, dedicatedly keep practicing. You would soon better up with your own communication style.